Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bait and Switch Breeders

Great read... Well said...

Great read, totally agree. There's a lot of shit talking going on right now. I found it funny that these people bad mouthing guys like Evo, TG, etc when they've contributed nothing positive to the breed.

Great read, I run across people like this almost on a daily basis! You have to separate yourselves from them. Hints the reason I run solo....

This is a great read and topic evolution. I would just like to say the history of bait and switch, well the middle paragraph mostly, is unreal. Everyone and there moms had the absolute best dog in the world. Also tons of fake reports and who runs the pappers... But Colby was like an economic death starr destroying everything in his path leaving nothing behind but a monogamous wasteland. So others had to go big or bust

A good topic still.

Just had my monthly, bi-monthly visit with an older fellow who was doing these dogs in the 60's-90's. He was/is loud and obnoxious. He had few friends. Few liked him. Most respected him.

He never once trashed a guys dogs over the phone (pre-internet) or to another dog man. If he did not like yours dogs, the way your dogs were bred or especially how you took care of your dogs he would call you out the very first time it crossed his mind with you standing right there.

At your first rebuttal he would offer up a weight and let's set a date. If you did not have that weight you could pick another and together a date would be set.

Weights usually shut up the masses. I learned a ton from him and he had a saying or a pertinent phrase for every situation in the dogs.

He said always remember no matter how good your dog is, or how many he wins, there will always be 25 sonofabitches standing on the other side of the wall with one at home that is better. You will never get to see them but they will always be there. If you do not believe me, just ask those 25.

Dudes doing these dogs are the back bone of the game. The blood, sweat and tears from these dudes is also the back bone of the peddling game for others. Been that way forever.

EWO

Seems like the same subliminal shots in a long standing pissing match between two old friends. Good read but it honestly seems like attempting to take the high road, when you're just as guilty. Not trying to ruffle feathers but at the same time I see the tango being performed, it takes two people to do that.