Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: The Cephalosporins

Article: The Cephalosporins

Thanks for posting this! Very useful information! However, the tables, along with some of the text is cut off on the right hand side of the page.
    The best gamedog apparel on the net can be found here at:
    http://scratchindog.com/

Very nice. Will read soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scratchin dog View Post
    Thanks for posting this! Very useful information! However, the tables, along with some of the text is cut off on the right hand side of the page.
    Sure, there should be a slider that can handle that

Quote Originally Posted by Nut View Post
    Very nice. Will read soon.
    Hope you find it useful.

This is the second time I will say this you are so free with good information when I was coming up most dog men would never let you know what would work and what would not. The ones that did I found over the years of knowing them were men that really just liked the dogs, or maybe the ones that always kept secrets really did not know. It took a lot of time and money and mistakes to learn what you just posted for the fraternity. Yours in the Game Johnny Arsuffi

Ditto. A starter was asking me for any good articles on aftermath. I said have you read "The aftermath" article that's in the pitbull bible. He said yes, but was just looking if there any other articles out there. I said if you really read it what else do you possibly need to know. Jesus there's a shopping list that tells you exactly what you need. And then there's an extensive explanation, step for step on what to do, when and what to use, and how to use it, with dosages and all that. Then there's several chapters that go deeper in the material as fluid therapy, anti shock treatment, understanding antibiotics, hot wound compress, ect. In the few years that I've been active now all of them have been very useful to me. Had to go back and read trough them several times. People who do not have this information. Or should I say who are to ignorant or lazy to study this information, are losing, and will lose (more) dogs. That's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by arsuffi@att.net View Post
    This is the second time I will say this you are so free with good information when I was coming up most dog men would never let you know what would work and what would not. The ones that did I found over the years of knowing them were men that really just liked the dogs, or maybe the ones that always kept secrets really did not know. It took a lot of time and money and mistakes to learn what you just posted for the fraternity. Yours in the Game Johnny Arsuffi
    Hi. I appreciate what you had to say.

I not only love dogs, I guess I just have this "Rainman-like" disease where I am always wanting to quantify and classify everything

Almost immediately as a dogman, I realized how important medical knowledge was, and so I tried to gather and amass everything I could on the subject.

Essentially, when someone "doesn't know" what to use, nor when to use it, they are powerless as dogment when things get serious ... whereas, by contrast, when you know what to use, and when to use it, you are EMpowered as a dogman.

And, even in the instances where medical matters require veterinary consultation, if you take the time to read/learn/educate yourself, you can have more intelligent conversations with your vet, UNDERSTAND what he's telling you, and thereby gain even greater knowledge "the next time" something like that happens ... not to mention you can add another drug to your list of options

Cheers,

Jack

PS: You will find that most dogmen really don't know much of anything. They "repeat what they heard," rather than actually conduct, classify, and save their own research. I have always bookmarked great articles/useful information, tried to understand what I read, and organized it in a usable way for myself as a dogman. I share the information because THESE DOGS are my primary passion, not worrying about "who knows what I know." People like yourself, who actually love the dogs also, are the only ones who will bother to read and save this much information anyway

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack View Post
    Sure, there should be a slider that can handle that
    I don't see a slider for the tables anywhere on the page. Going down the right hand side of the page I see photos of recent breedings, along with recent blog posts etc. The tables are indented to the right, which is why I think they are being cut off by the breeding photos. Is there a way to collapse that info?
    The best gamedog apparel on the net can be found here at:
    http://scratchindog.com/

Ditto. A starter was asking me for any good articles on aftermath. I said have you read "The aftermath" article that's in the pitbull bible. He said yes, but was just looking if there any other articles out there. I said if you really read it what else do you possibly need to know. Jesus there's a shopping list that tells you exactly what you need. And then there's an extensive explanation, step for step on what to do, when and what to use, and how to use it, with dosages and all that. Then there's several chapters that go deeper in the material as fluid therapy, anti shock treatment, understanding antibiotics, hot wound compress, ect.
    On the one hand, I agree, what else can you possibly need?

On the other hand, information gets old, outdated, so it never hurts to keep digging

For example, when I first put this compilation together in 2003, there was no mention of 3rd- and 4th-generation cephalosporins in my original reference material. New drugs are always coming out, old drug dosages change, while some drugs no longer work at all (thanks to bacterial resistance).

So, thank you for your comments, but please DO check (and re-check) everything, as sooner or later it will become antiquated.

In the few years that I've been active now all of them have been very useful to me. Had to go back and read trough them several times.
    As do I

In fact, I am still combing through this article, and amending/re-wording this and that.

People who do not have this information. Or should I say who are to ignorant or lazy to study this information, are losing, and will lose (more) dogs. That's a fact.
    It is most definitely a fact that, unless a person takes the time to educate himself, he will lose more dogs than necessary, there is no way around this, so credit to you for being one of the few who's constantly trying to learn more and do better.

I am right now going through all of my Healthy Bulldog mags, and plan on re-posting several articles that haven't been published in the 12 years or so that have gone by since it came out.

Part of "re-posting" these articles, however, also includes doing the research to make sure everything is current

You'd be surprised at HOW MUCH HAS CHANGED in just a few years

Therefore, any mistakes, or additions, that you can add (or anyone else) will be incorporated into the article.

I was going to write an upgrade to The Pit Bull Bible, but I think I am going to put my energies to updating This Site instead

Jack