Thread: Article: Testing the Bitch's Progesterone

Article: Testing the Bitch's Progesterone

Subscribed Member
    My kit is due to get here today. My bitch started bleeding Thursday night or Friday. I've watched your video 3 times now on running the test. All i have to access the Internet is my phone and the video comes in a lil unclear. So my question is how clear is the test with the bitch in estrus? Like I said I'm making a long trip to make this breeding. So if I see it start to really lighten up that's when I should leave and make the breeding?

Good question.

The test will never come back perfectly clear. It will only change from dark pink to light pink.

If you watched the video, there will be a control cell from a bitch's plasma that is NOT in estrus, as well as from one that IS in estrus.

Use those control test cells to compare to your bitch

If your bitch's result is darker, like the cell where the bitch isn't ready, then your bitch isn't ready either;
    If your bitch's result is as light (or lighter) than the control where the bitch IS ready, then your bitch is ready too.

That is why they give you a sample of in-heat plasma, as a control, as well as one not in heat, is so you can see which cell your bitch's test cell looks like most

Good luck,

Jack

Subscribed Member
    Ok, after 3 hrs of letting the blood sit this is what it looked like and it is what I used to run the test. I took a pic of the final results. With the farthest to the left is A "not ready", the middle B "ready" and all the way on the right my bitch. Now this is her 5th day of bleeding and it looks lighter that'll the control B
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140513_212532.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140513_212806.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	623  
    THE WAY OF THE GUN

Subscribed Member
    Ok not letting me upload the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140513_212806.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140513_212532.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	625  
    Last edited by LEFTLANE; 05-13-2014 at 06:38 PM. Reason: tried twice
    THE WAY OF THE GUN